The Shelter & Durable Solutions project is funded by UNHCR to cater to the shelter and protection needs of vulnerable persons through the construction of 100 compartments of durable shelters for vulnerable persons as well as address their livelihoods needs.
JOB PURPOSE SUMMARY
The role of the site supervisor is to assist the Site Engineer in ensuring an efficient and high-quality implementation of the technical construction activities in Labondo. The Site Supervisor is expected to represent Caritas Nigeria in a respectful and professional manner and always act in accordance with the Caritas Nigeria Code of Conduct.
- Caritas Nigeria’s continuous representation on the construction site.
- Day to day liaison and monitoring of construction activities in the Labondo community (including monitoring of work plan(s), quality of works, site attendance, etc.)
- Selection of qualified laborers in a transparent manner.
- Oversite of labor attendance and output.
- Monitoring accuracy of technical implementation against technical plans, including adhering to Adamawa regulations, the accuracy of work plans, necessary tests, measurements, and BoQs.
- Along with the Site Engineer, monitor expenditure of works on a regular basis.
- Along with the Site Engineer, ensure quantity and quality control of works and materials – including necessary tests.
- Ensure that all necessary filing related to the construction activities is accurate, complete, and up to date.
- Management of labor team if required.
- Along with the Site Engineer, promote the highest level of health and safety on the site.
Be present on Site on a daily basis, providing regular (weekly notes) reports to the Project Coordinator using Caritas Nigeria reporting templates.
QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES:
Diploma/Technical Degree in a related field
Minimum of 2 years of relevant work experience in a reputable organization/company.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational and team working skills
- Good cultural awareness and sensitivity
- Highly approachable, trustworthy and confidential
- Good English Language level
- Knowledge of the NGO operations and the dynamics of the humanitarian sector is a plus
- Construction technical knowledge.