The Shelter & Durable Solutions project is funded by UNHCR to cater to the shelter and protection needs of vulnerable persons through the construction of 100 compartments of durable shelters for vulnerable persons as well as address their livelihoods needs.
The Reporting Officer is responsible for the efficient, correct timely implementation of data collection, data elaboration, and analysis, and the draft of project reports
- Support the scheduling and arrangement of stakeholder meetings (including; government agencies, local leaders, and other humanitarian partners) and reporting outcomes.
- Supports in the operational planning, implementation, and monitoring of projects in close collaboration with the project management team
- Enhance teamwork and capacity building in order to ensure the delivery of quality aid to beneficiaries and their communities.
- Analyze, verify, and compile weekly and monthly reports for donor reporting, project performance, and review.
- Analyze data from research and assessment conducted (baseline & end line) and identify gaps to support the operational planning and implementation of projects.
- Supports MEAL in planning and supervising field data collection, and the PM in monitoring all field activities and tracking the performance of project performance indicators against the agreed targets and reviewing log frames, theories of change, context analyses, and needs assessments that would inform programming.
- Contributes to weekly, monthly, and quarterly narrative reports on field interventions.
- Provides input in the development of intervention strategies taking into consideration community needs, cultural and environmental appropriateness, and feasibility.
Support to the Project Coordinator:
- Support the Project Coordinator (PC) in the capacity building of the data entry and improve the monitoring tools that are currently used.
- Support the PC in the review and cleaning of the database.
- Support the PC to update the reporting format according to donor requirements.
- Collect quality pictures and develop human interest stories.
- A Bachelor’s degree in social science or related fields.
- At least 2 years of professional experience working in data processing/data management /reporting capacity with any NGO.
- Proven computer skills (proven computer literacy), especially in excel, word, and any other database software, and database management skills.
- Knowledge of KOBO and ODK programs for smart tool data collection would be an asset.
- Excellent reporting skills (English) and ability to deliver accurate translations.
- High level of confidentiality and respect for data protection protocols.
- Attention to detail.
- Analytical thinking
- Ability to work under pressure, independently, and with limited supervision
- Initiative, flexibility, and willingness to learn.
- Developing and motivating others.
- Excellent communication skills.