The Shelter & Durable Solutions project is funded by UNHCR to cater to the shelter and protection needs of vulnerable persons through the construction of 100 compartments of durable shelters for vulnerable persons as well as address their livelihoods needs.
The Finance Officer will be required to ensure the financial and record-keeping of the organization within the framework of the policies and procedures established and the donors’ requirements. She/he will be involved financial management of CCFN.
- Engage and assist in financial planning processes of projects that fit into the organizational annual plan.
- Ensure that plans are consistent with CCFN financial policies and procedures.
- Ensure that plans are consistent with the donor’s requirements.
2. Financial Reporting
- Responsible for accurate and timely financial and management reporting to donors and project leads
- Ensure timely postings of transactions into the Sun system/QuickBooks system
- Ensure timely review of the monthly financial report and ensure accurate reporting
- Support in the preparation of the Annual Finance Report and Statutory Report
- Responsible for timely release of funds to implementing partners.
- Review monthly bank reconciliation and quarterly staff debtor schedules.
- Follow up with staff to ensure timely liquidation of advances
- Ensure timely reconciliation of Posting of financial transactions data into SUN.
- Prepare and analyze with program staff the monthly budget/actual Report.
- Responsible for the implementation of project audit recommendations
- Coordinate management response to internal and external audit findings and ensure proper follow-up on agreed recommendations of project audits.
4. Organizational Development Support
- Provide technical support to project staff.
- Ensure timely resolving of staff advances retirement
- Support the development of accounting policies and procedures for CCFN and implementing partners.
- Providing quality control checks on ensuring that valid input data are entered into the accounting systems.
5. Safeguarding Assets and Interests
- Ensure that project funds and assets are being used for rightful purposes as intended by the donors.
- Responsible for regular updates of project asset register
6. Risk Management
• Support Internal Audit unit in identifying project risks and mitigating actions
- Reconcile and prepare a monthly schedule for accrual, sundry creditors, and pension
- Any other work as may be assigned by the supervisor
Qualification and Experience:
Qualified applicants must have:
- Degree in Accounting or Finance. A Professional Accounting qualification is an added advantage.
- Minimum of Three (3) years’ experience at Implementing Partner level with good understanding and knowledge of nonprofit accounting and finance regulations and policies.
- Experience and knowledge of Humanitarian Response is a major requirement.
- Experience supervising personnel and ensuring they acquire the necessary training and skills to meet evolving program needs.
- Excellent diplomacy skills and a proven ability to establish and sustain interpersonal and professional relationships with Government of Nigeria counterparts and representatives from other key stakeholders such as NGOs, the private sector, and other donors.
- Demonstrated leadership, strategic thinking, and organizational and team-building skills.
- Previous supervision or team leader experience.
- Proven programmatic, technical, and managerial expertise in providing support to institutions to strengthen their management and/or leadership capacity, systems and processes, and sustainability potential
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated capacity to collaborate with colleagues, teams, and partner organizations to achieve results.
- Experience in dealing with difficult and sensitive situations professionally.
- Ability to work under pressure, efficiently handle multiple tasks, quickly find creative solutions to problems and challenges that arise, and manage stress and time in a fast-paced work and fluid operating environment.
- Ability to foster and maintain a spirit of unity, teamwork, cooperation, and learning.
- Willingness and ability to travel.
- Sensitivity in working with multiple cultures and beliefs and gender equity.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office software: MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.
- Ability to work both independently and as a part of a team.