Emergency and Humanitarian Response are Interventions through which Caritas Nigeria brings relief and succor to those most in need especially those arising from conflicts, food insecurity and man-made or natural disasters.
Interventions in this thematic area can be classified into the following broad groups:
- EA – Emergency Appeal led by CI to Member Organizations providing different types of support based on specific situation
- Relief: interventions that provide essential supplies to communities affected by human-made crisis or natural disasters
- Protection: Interventions that provide protection and shelter to refugees and fleeing populations from crisis situations
- Nutrition: projects aimed at identifying and addressing malnutrition in target population
- Livelihoods: Interventions that focus on improving the economic and income base of household and communities
- WASH: Focused majorly on providing water, sanitation and hygiene components to communities in need
- Food/Agric: Interventions that boost food security and agricultural capacity to target communities. FAO major donor
- Health: Interventions that addressed the medical or health needs of affected populations.
- Climate Change: interventions focused on preserving the environment