Building Sustainable Livelihoods for Vibrant Communities” (B-SLiC) Program, is a 2 year Livelihoods Program, targeting 20,000 direct beneficiaries in 4,000 households. In Ekiti and Lagos States. The program aims to build capacity and empower women, men and youths in climate smart agricultural production, vocational skills acquisition and facilitate increased access to markets and financial inclusion. The direct beneficiaries would not only have improved household incomes which would enable them to better carter for their household members, but would become self-employed and employers of labour, thereby creating more jobs within the communities.
The Finance Officer will be required to ensure the financial and record keeping of the organization within the framework of the policies and procedures established and the donors’ requirement. S/he will be involved financial management of Caritas Nigeria and the project financial deliverables.
- Engage and assist in financial planning processes of projects that fit into the organizational annual plan.
- Ensure that plans are consistent with CCFN financial policies and procedures.
- Ensure that plans are consistent with donors’ requirement.
- Ensure that the planning is done within the stipulated time frame.
2. Financial Reporting
- Responsible for accurate and timely financial and management reporting to donors and project leads
- Ensure timely postings of daily financial transactions into the Sun system/QuickBooks system
- Ensure the Projects’ payment vouchers are referenced with the activities code according to donors finance tool.
- Ensure the payment vouchers’ are stamped on timely basis and arrange/file serially
- Ensure timely review of monthly financial report and ensure accurate reporting
- Support in the preparation of the Annual Finance Report and Statutory Report
- Responsible for timely processing of funds to implementing partners/ program activities.
- Review monthly bank reconciliation and ensure all uncleared transactions are resolved promptly.
- Keep record of staff advances and follow up with staff to ensure timely liquidation of advances
- Ensure all the necessary support documents are attached to each payment vouchers before filing.
- Crosscheck all petty cash liquidation submitted by Administration for accuracy and adequacy of supporting documentation prior to preparing reimbursements
- Prepare and analyze with program staff the monthly budget/actual Report.
- Support in annual and periodic budget and spend plan preparation.
- Keep the records of all the training and cash transfers activities (especially the beneficiary list)
- Responsible for the implementation of project audit recommendations
- Coordinate management response to internal and external audit findings, and to ensure proper follow up on agreed recommendations of project audits.
- Attend to any post-financial report submission of financial report issues.
4. Organisational Development Support
- Provide technical support to project staff.
- Ensure timely resolving of staff advances retirement
- Support the development of accounting policies and procedures for CCFN and implementing partners.
- Providing quality control checks on ensuring that valid input data are entered into the accounting systems.
5. Safeguarding Assets and Interests
- Ensure that project funds and assets are being used for rightful purposes as intended by the donors.
- Responsible for regular update of project asset register
6. Risk Management
Support Internal Audit unit in identifying project risks and mitigating actions
- Reconcile and prepare monthly schedule for accrual, sundry creditors and pension
- Any other work as may be assigned by the supervisor
Qualification and Experience
- Degree in Accounting or Finance
- Professional Accounting qualification is an added advantage.
- Minimum of Five (5) years’ experience working as Finance personnel in NGO sector
- and knowledge of nonprofit accounting and finance regulations and policies.
- Experience and knowledge of Agriculture and Livelihood program is an added advantage
- Experience supervising personnel and ensuring they acquire the necessary training and skills to meet evolving program needs.
- Excellent communication skills and a proven ability to establish and sustain interpersonal and professional relationships with MDAs, I/NNGOs, Private sector and Donors
- Demonstrated leadership, strategic thinking, organizational and team-building skills.
- Previous supervision or team leader experience.
- Willingness to travel within the states and other parts of the country as needed.
- Proven programmatic, technical and managerial expertise in providing support to partners to strengthen their financial management systems and processes, sustainably
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated capacity to collaborate with colleagues, teams and partner organizations to achieve results.
- Experience of dealing with difficult and sensitive situations in a professional manner.
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure efficiently
- Creative and solution oriented solutions in a fast-paced work environment
- Ability to foster and maintain a spirit of unity, teamwork, cooperation, and learning.
- Sensitivity in working with multiple cultures and beliefs, and to gender equity.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office software: MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.
- Ability to work both independently and as a part of a team.